All Business, Good & Bad

Sometimes, an awful consumer experience. Let's call them out. Okay, mostly. But sometimes awards. Yes? All the accounts are truthful. The names have been changed to protect the innocent and guilty alike. Email me with your stories and I'll include them.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Good Business: Wendy's

I'm not a huge fan of fast food, but sometimes it is a necessity. I've been craving Wendy's Bacon Portabella Melt as soon as I saw it and today found myself near a Wendy's at lunchtime.

Wendys Bacon Portabella Melt

The only problem? I don't eat beef.

So I went in during lunch rush and asked if I could have the sandwich but sub chicken for beef. The cashier asked another employee and I got a curt "NO." Boo.

I can go anywhere for lunch, so I respectfully emailed Wendy's website explaining the situation and asking if there was some other way I could order it because a chicken version just sounds frickin' amazing. I sent my contact through the website at about 1pm and before 5pm I had this in my inbox:
Dear Mr. [Shambles], My name is [guy] and I'm the General Manager at the [location] Wendy's you visited today.

I would like to apologize for the trouble you had with trying to get a Portabello sandwich with chicken instead of the burger. There is no problem with swapping the chicken for the burger and I again apologize for you not being able to get that today. The young man who made the decision not to do that for you, was not a manager and tried to make a decision on his own, unfortunately it was a very bad one.

I have left a credit at the store for you for a free combo or your choice. I hope you will give us a chance to make this up to you. If you have any questions or problems in the future please feel free to call me.

Thank you for making me aware of this and I hope this might help to prevent it from happening again.
So I went to a "fast food" restaurant, failed at customizing my experience, and they get back in touch with me (not just corporate, but the manager of the actual store) and admit a mistake and offer me a credit for sorry?

(Sidenote: I posted it on their Facebook page as well and also received a quick response with info to report it and a sorry.)

Wendy's: You're doing it RIGHT!

I had a decent sandwich today, but it was not what I was looking for. Wendy's replied to me within the day of the issue I was just hoping was addressed.

Wendy's is Good Business. Hands down.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home