All Business, Good & Bad

Sometimes, an awful consumer experience. Let's call them out. Okay, mostly. But sometimes awards. Yes? All the accounts are truthful. The names have been changed to protect the innocent and guilty alike. Email me with your stories and I'll include them.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Subway Sadness II: The Apathy Machine

This is a different Subway story. The first one was never brought up by the individual store after that information was passed on by corporate.

Traveling to Danville, VA, I stopped on the way in Reidsville, NC.

Worst. Subway. Evar.

Two of the four employees were outside loudly conversing. As I walked in, the energy inside was that of a funeral parlor. The other two employees were loudly conversing in the restaurant, but quickly quieted when I entered. Four people were seated and eating. One of the employees shuffled behind the counter.

I walked up to the counter, chipper as ever, and it took about five seconds to realize that I was not going to get a "Hello," "Good afternoon," or even a "Hi." I let it stew a couple seconds more.

"Subway club, please," I said.
No response.
"Um, on wheat?"
"Okay." She never made eye contact.
She put the meat on the sub and stood in front of the veggies.
"I'll have..." blah blah blah. She wrapped the sub and slid it over to the second in-store employee.
Second employee, even worse.
No words. I just handed my card to her. After she swiped it, she held it in a limbo between the register and where I would be marginally expected to expect that it was being handed to me. I took the card.
I said "Thanks!" and walked out.

Read the last post. This puts it to shame. Totally deplorable.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Enatai said…

    Ouch! Another point for Subway.

    I live in Washington state and Subways here aren't awful like that one. I'm going to go with the "It's a coincidence or a region thing," but I never really noticed at Subways around here. Sorry that you have bad luck with Subways.

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Ricky Shambles said…

    Thanks for the comment, alex. I have to say that I have had wonderful experiences in Subway and regularly patronize a select few in the Winston Salem area. It's these experiences that lead me to venture to Subways while abroad, which doesn't always lead to good times.

    Overall, Subway is one of the better fast food chains. They just need to fix a couple of their franchises.

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hEY,
    I'M A SUBWAY SHIFT MANAGER IN N.C. AND THAT'S AWFUL SERVICE. AT MY STORE WE WOULD GET IN BIG TROUBLE FOR THAT.
    -SORRY FROM SUBWAY

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you have problems with everyone you encounter, possibly your are the problem. think about that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home