All Business, Good & Bad

Sometimes, an awful consumer experience. Let's call them out. Okay, mostly. But sometimes awards. Yes? All the accounts are truthful. The names have been changed to protect the innocent and guilty alike. Email me with your stories and I'll include them.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Commercial Recant: Frank Myers Auto Maxx

Yesterday I was writing about changes and exhibited a regional commercial from Norton's Furniture of Cleveland, OH. Oh, so sorry it sucked so badly. But there are worse. Or at least as bad. Depends on the location and girth of the suck nucleus in your brain (It is fabled that those with advanced levels of suck sensory perception actually seek suck to see how stagnantly it sucks).

In a moment of half-awake commuter reflection this morning I recalled in nightmarish clarity the...well, this:



And in some hellish, demonic, abysmal, "parallel universe" joke from some diety, they also have a myspace page. Holy hell.

Speaker warning for this round on myspace: drums and someone saying "everybody rides" over and over and over...

Norton or Myers. This is truly awful.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Even though your post is dissing a commercial for my dealership, I found your comments funny. Believe me, it would be a lot easier for me not to do these commercials. As a matter of fact, I pulled them off of the air several years ago in search of a "better image in the marketplace". Surprisingly, our phones and email accounts were flooded by viewers that missed the silliness. So I reluctantly put it back on tv and over the years have gradually added more zany characters to the collection that I already had...each one seemingly more over the top than before. And you know what? The crazier our spots got, the more people talked and the more people talked the more cars we sold! So now, it has become a double edged sword for us but I have grown to admire our commercials for what they are...a mindless and sometimes silly mental getaway for the everyday stresses of life. Yes, some folks hate them but the majority love them and laugh at them. We get the feedback and the feedback is mostly positive. As far as the myspace page is concerned...it was developed in response to the multitudes of folks that were always requesting copies of our commercials. Now we can just send it to them for their enjoyment (just like I enjoy your blog. Different strokes as they say).

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please allow me one quick additional comment concerning your post about my terrible commercial. While I am in agreement that the commercial in question may be one of the worst ever, does it really belong under the heading of "Bad Business"? It really doesn't have anything to do with the way we conduct business. After all, we were named the National Quality Dealer of the Year for 2006-2007 and one of the top 28 used car dealers in the nation by Auto Dealer Monthly Magazine. Thanks again for the opportunity and keep up the great work on your blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home